Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The PERFECT DAY

THE PERFECT DAY


So life has been a wee bit hectic (maybe you read some of my earlier posts, when i was getting institutionalized haha). Working full time, starting a new business, being a dad, husband, endurance athlete etc. So its constant go go go at our house. I have a really hard time relaxing, yep its true, shocker! I will sit in church and think about laundry that i want to fold. I was hanging with travis snyder, his kids and my kids last sunday on his front lawn and all i could think about was going and cleaning my garage(Got that from dad, i think he still vacuums his :-). It drives my wife crazy at times because it, for me, is always ON

So that's life, probably for all of us. But some days just come together and feel pretty damn close to the perfect day.

Here was one of mine.

3am

woke up just before my alarm, giddy like a school girl to go running with garrett white and ryan johnson. 2 very good brothers. the goal was lone peak 16 miles, 6k feet in 5 hours. Didn't happen. We got lost in the dark, found the hamhog trail, got super muddy, scraped and bruised and finally turned around and went up another trail to box elder peak. bush wacked, who knows how long and got to the false summit before turning around to get home before the kids were even awake!

personal note to the mountains.........I love you!










9am

made breakfast for the kids while alissa went on a bike ride. Waffles, healthy and big with strawberries and peaches. Kaiya my 7 year old took it upon herself to vacuum, oooh she knows how to get on my good side!

11.30am

put marley down for a little nap and fell asleep with her myself. We just got a new bunkbed for her and the bottom is SOOOO comfy with a new fluffy comforter. nice and cool and dark. Woke up feeling like a new woman.

1.30pm

Alissa made a KILLER salad. Honestly the best i have ever had with beets, blueberries, tomatoes and peppers from our garden, and sprouts. There was more to it but i don't remember what...it was beautiful to look at and a joy to devour! After all the metabolic fire was RAGING after my long run. That's half the fun of going long. Today alone i ate almost 9k calories...cool. In running especially in the mountains, the machine probably burns 800 calories per hour.

2.30 pm

Packed up the brood in our clean car. Yes, ever since we got a new car Alissa has humored me and kept it immaculate. It makes me happy just thinking about it!! Headed to the canyon. An absolutely perfect day for it. 80 degrees, healthy snacks, kids playing up on the playground up at Vivian park. then my ma and pa came up and hung with us too. We hardly ever see them for living so close...kinda sucks. They both work so dang hard. Looking forward to a st. george weekend with them. Walked over to the river and threw rocks in for a while, just chillin.






5 pm

Headed to Alissa's brothers house in orem for a family party on her side. More good healthy food. Holding Lyvie in the grass, as she drooled all over my fingers. watching kaiya and taj play barefoot in the street with their cousins. just being kids, not a care in the world. oh to be a little kid again. I guess we all will be like them again when we get old. I just am gonna take myself out before i have to start wearing diapers again. Ride off a cliff up on the alpine and call it good :*)

7.30pm

Went home and bathed the kids while Alissa went out for another workout (running i think, because she biked right after i got home from my run). Sure the kids were crazy and crying and fighting but i LOVE it anyway. I feel like sometimes i just don't ever see them. Bedtime is not my favorite because our kids have as much energy as i do and going to sleep is "such a waste of time" but i lay down with them for awhile and they were eventually out.

9 pm

spent some time with Alissa, i think we watched a movie. too bad we couldn't get a sitter, then we could have gone running again. after all i only did 5hours this morning and then had a nap. I was good to go for at least another 10 miles. Oh well it was still a perfect day.


2 comments:

Brian Beckstead said...

Sounds like a great day. I live in Ogden now but I want to try and come on one of your adventure runs so keep up the invites on facebook.

User said...

hi